Turn an old boot into a stylish planter.
· Old boot
· Pebbles or aquarium gravel
· Potting soil or loam
· Small bunch of annual flowers
· Remove the lace from the boot or loosen it enough to allow the tongue to be pulled forward.
· Fill the bottom of the boot with a layer of pebbles or aquarium gravel to provide drainage.
· Pack in a 2-inch layer of potting soil or loam.
· Fit in the root base of annual flowers (pansies, marigolds, or impatiens work well).
· Gently pack more soil around and on top of the roots.
Tips:Remember to water the flowers regularly because, unlike those that are planted in the ground, these blooms cannot draw moisture from the surrounding soil.