We are really "talking" now! I recognize your voices from other peoples' voices, and will look at you to show that I recognize you. I can let you know what I want by my different kinds of cries. You can tell I'm having fun because I smile, coo and kick my feet or move my arms. When I'm tired or not interested in something, I might stiffen my body and turn my head. When you talk to me, it lets me know you love me. I love it when you look at me, sing and talk to me.
I'm also starting to play more and more, as I have longer periods of time when I'm awake. One of my favorite things is a rubber or plastic ring. I love to put stuff in my mouth. Here are some other things I like to do:
- Lie on my tummy and watch you roll a ball in front of me - I can hold my head up for about 10 seconds now!
- Watch you ring a bell or squeak a toy for me
- Play with brightly colored rubber or plastic toys in the bath
- Watch you blow bubbles and try to reach for them
- Look at and grab for things above my head (like a mobile) while you're changing my diaper
Love and baby kisses,