Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Why We Need to Get Outside More

Now that the weather is nice again and it's easier to get outside we need to take our kids out and help them (and ourselves) re-connect with nature. Parks and playgrounds are wonderful, hiking the trials at the county and state parks is lots of fun, even just playing your backyard. Here is a good article explaining why it is so important for us to get our kids and ourselves outside more. I've read books on this topic before and I happen to agree with the idea that all of us are becoming more and more disconnected with the natural world around us. Nature Deficit Disorder is now an official diagnosis in the DSMV-V. Wow, I guess this is not something just a hand-full of isolated people believe in anymore.


Yes, I see the irony in the fact that while they and I are supporting the idea to unplug from our technology and get outside the magazine is completely digital. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment