Listed below are five web sites for parents to learn more about literacy and educational resources for young children with and without special needs.
1. Center for Early Education and Development (CEED) - www.cehd.umn.edu/CEED/
Developed by the University of Minnesota, this website provides Information about education and literacy for young children, including children with special needs.
2. Center for Early Literacy Learning – www.earlyliteracylearning.org
Valuable tips and literacy resources for early childhood intervention practitioners, parents, and other caregivers of children, birth to five years of age
3. Is Your Child Ready - www.isyourchildready.com
Take a 5-minute online quiz that will help you gauge your child's readiness for Kindergarten. Find resources to help you find early care and education opportunities in your community.
4. Minnesota Parents Know - parentsknow.state.mn.us
On this website you will find age-specific early childhood information from the Minnesota Department of Education
5. Reading Rockets - www.readingrockets.org
This website offers fantastic resources and booklists to help parents with young and struggling readers.